Wednesday 27 February 2013

[Music] BBC Philharmonic - The Beethoven Experience



Pass: bbc4free.blogspot.com


By the Gods, its been seven years since a good friend of mine told me about the Beethoven Experience.

I was in secondary school...

I can't put to words how much listening to this brilliant version (thought you'd stop reading if I said rendition) of Beethoven's Symphonies has influenced me. Let's say through the bad times and the good, B-dog has had my back. This exquisite St. Bernard with his heavenly slobber has woken me each morning with a wag in his tail and whiskey in his barrel-


oh wrong one.

There's a curt introduction at the start of each symphony, which includes some interesting tidbits about Beethoven's life, what he intended with certain movements, his inspirations or the reaction his music caused at the time.

As stated here, the BBC have no plans to make the series available for upload anytime soon (7 years not long enough?) and at the risk of the Philharmonic Orchestra raiding my house, or some tuba player parping and tooting angrily outside my window, I'm just gonna upload this here, and hope to gods there's not a word from any of you to that murderous orchestra.

Enjoy!


The Archivist

No comments:

Post a Comment